Indiana Band Instrument Company (Martin)
Made in Elkhart Indiana by the same folks that made the Martin horns - the company was set up in 1928 to produce a secondary line of instruments. It was mostly run by Fred Holtz from 1931-42 and they made some nice horns during that era.
These are not to be confused with the later Indiana by Martin models - these came from a few decades before those horns.
Serial Range: 11,5XX (Likely made early to mid 1930's)
-The horn is in excellent condition and is ready to play. It plays well with a Martin style rich tone to it.
- Silver plate is 90% (There are some patches that have been covered by a matt silver nail polish to protect the finish from the previous owner at contact points on the valve casing and under the leadpipe)
- A few minor pings on the horn
- Valve piston stems, finger buttons and the screw nut are from another lacquered horn.
- Compression is very good and the valves are in good condition.
- Engraving is crisp and clear
This is one of the best examples we have seen of this model.
- This horn can come with the original case if you wish to pay a little extra in the shipping.
(We would ship outside the case and wrap the horn and case separately to prevent damage)